Sunday, March 4, 2007

March - in like a Lion

My travel partner and I had a phone chat today to go over some trip details and decided we have no trouble agreeing on the important stuff “oh Little Havana in Miami on the return would be awesome, I’ve heard so much about it” and as for travel vaccines “no, I’m not going to be paranoid about it, I’ll travel sensibly but if there’s something I can do to protect myself I’ll take it” Some discussion about tours and other plans…. Just enough to keep yourself going through the next few weeks of work and other reality programming. Tried on some summer clothes (depressing to find they’ve shrunk in the closet but not as bad as trying on bathing suits) to see what might be needed - appears a Frenchy’s run is in order.

Have finalized some travel plans for March Break and since daughter # 3 has to work the first weekend, this means the road trip to Cape Breton will have to start on Monday the 12th. 'We' have decided a ‘trip to the mall’ is in order for both of us and 'she' had decided that I need a fashion advisor if I’m shopping for clothes. The boat goes into the shop "hopefully by the end of the week" but that doesn't specify which week - as these things go - but we've invited the man of the hour along for the road trip anyway 'just in case he's free' and because with all his plans he's not going to get much of a break. He has pretty much decided against the automatic baiter but.. that doesn't mean he'll have anymore time by the second week of April (even if the reno project comes in on time - he says 2 weeks, that'll be a month) as he'll be lobstering again by then.

I’m off to the Valley tomorrow for work and hopefully a side trip to visit with my birthday twin, just a short detour as I have a teleconference tomorrow night (note to self - yes you must get your homework done missy) . Tuesday is a day to work in Yarmouth but that affords the chance while there to check in with the travel agent, pick up a suitcase on sale at Canadian Tire and find out about prescription lenses for my snorkel mask Details details.