Friday, March 9, 2007

Nine days off and counting

No post yesterday but… it was International Women’s Day so what did you expect? As of today I am officially on vacation for the next nine days - yeehaw! It was a mad dash to the finish as I attempted to tie up all the loose ends. Why is it that in trying to take a vacation the energy required for the exodus means you really need it when it arrives? I did manage in all the details to snag my family Dr. and get him to write the prescription for my travel vaccinations and medications so that was a positive event. Dropped the Rx off to the drug store to give them a start on ordering them in so I can start the antimalarials two weeks early as required. I finished up my day with a massage as there was a cancellation so I got offered an appointment - not going to turn that down !

We’re (myself and baby daughter) are heading down to Halifax on Sunday (going to crash with daughter # 2s boyfriend and his room mates - talk about infection control issues) to break up the drive to Cape Breton. Daughter # 3 (it’s her last March Break and she would have been in Paris on the school trip if she hadn’t changed her mind) is already making plans to pick up rental DVDs for the Trans Canada. After a leisurely tour of Frenchy’s along the way (cruise wear shopping remember?) we’ll be in Sydney on Monday night to have supper with a friend and stay at the Delta. Memo to self, remember to pack your swimsuit - no one will recognize you there. My friend is taking Tuesday off so we should have a good day then heading back on Wednesday. Haven’t been in Cape Breton since my job disappeared 2.5 years ago, hard to believe. In fact we haven’t had a road trip since then either, just quick runs to Halifax, Church Point etc. so this will be more fun than work related runs in the past.

Have a four day weekend upon my return - what will I do with time off during the week? Well, after I finish up with all the errands I've promised, housework I've put off and the library book - that should take care of it. Why does vacation go so quickly and work go so slowly eh?