Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Years

A photo of the New Years Eve festivities of last night just to prove how much fun we had until 3 a.m. which seemed like a good idea at the time but when it was time to get up this morning, not so much. We enjoyed a fondue beginning at 9 p.m. and the menu featured beef, pork and lobster, which we cooked in oil and French bread in a cheese fondue – yum. Dessert (as you can see) was a chocolate fountain with strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe, banana, and oranges dipped in dark chocolate. A great way to start off the New Year. 2008 – hard to even believe that’s the date I’ve just typed.
After taking down the tree, cleaning up the mess and putting away all the gifts I am now having to get my head around getting ready to go back to work tomorrow. Why doesn’t it feel like you’re off ten days but sure feels like you’ve worked ten eh? I did manage to get some scrapbooking done and a bit of organizing in the extra time. One positive is that there are only three days until the weekend, but I’m confused as it feels like this week has had three Sundays – not complaining, I’m just saying. I’m sure that tomorrow will remind me that I’ve been off ten days too as once the holidays are officially over all those waiting will be standing by the door. The cell phone has rung pretty steadily the past few days so that’s a good indication I won’t be bored. If only 2008 was the year I was planning on retiring, well that is a bit too ambitious, maybe I meant beginning to work NOT full time.