Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Of dentists and lawyers

Yesterday was my first day back after a week off and as hectic as expected with an added helping of condolences on top. Trying to get caught up on emails, voice mails, mail and other tasks from my absence took more than my day.

Today I spent 2.5 hrs. in the dentist chair getting ‘prepped’ which translates into grinding of several teeth, impressions, which almost choked me, then jamming of a temporary bridge into the space. All this while my right side of my upper lip and nose were frozen, making me feel like I’ve had a stroke or am at least an obsessive compulsive while I constantly checked my right nostril for sinus drips. The freezing finally let go about 3 p.m. and I ended up begging for ibuprofen off the medication cart on the inpatient wing then stocking up at the drugstore for the home front.

I worked through my lunch hour in order to make an appointment at the lawyers with my significant other to revise our wills because our circumstances have changed – no minor children so no guardian required, only one house (thankfully), son with Master Class IV (Captain’s papers) and full time personal fishing license so no need to put a fishing/lobster license in trust now. Honestly, you’d think we were the Royal Family who isn’t supposed to fly together as it is always air travel, which seems to provoke a revision. We do much more risky things daily ex. drive on icy roads as this morning than fly.

I received a request to do another talk at the library for Mid Week Break in April. They either liked my first offering or are desperate for speakers. We discussed various topics and I finally settled on NS Duck Tolling Retrievers which will be good to use for my cruise speaking – should I ever get my act together. I’m getting better at writing the little publicity blurb that goes in the brochure (this will be required for the cruise lines too). So this one reads:

Is that a fox? No - it's a NS Duck Tolling Retriever

Learn about the history, appearance, talents and temperament of ourofficial provincial dog. Sometimes called a Little River Duck Dog or aYarmouth Toller they make a great family pet as well as a working partner for hunting.

A loyal blog reader sent along a great website to check out for urban legends (in part because I’d sent a forward about Sir Winston Churchill and her hubby is a Churchill buff) to check their authenticity: http://www.snopes.com/ There are various icons to explore or you can insert your issue ex. free laptops in the search bar – so to those I sent THIS forward about Ericsson laptops….my sincerest apologies, sadly it is an urban myth. I promise in the future to check first before hitting send.

To end on a positive note, the appliance repairman we have been chasing for over a week to try to coordinate with our schedules has agreed to come tomorrow while the cleaning lady is here. So we will find out what the noise in the dishwasher is.

Actually to end with a bit of chuckle, I’m pasting the email one of my bosses forwarded this week about stress:

I'm not sure exactly how this works, but it is amazingly accurate. Read the full description before looking at the picture. The picture below has 2 identical dolphins in it. It was used in a case study on stress levels at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. Look at both dolphins jumping out of the water. The dolphins are identical A closely monitored, scientific study revealed that, in spite of the fact that the dolphins are identical; a person under stress would find differences in the two dolphins. The more differences a person finds between the dolphins, the more stress that person is experiencing. Look at the photograph and if you find more than one or two differences you may want to take a vacation.







Scroll Down.












No Need to Reply, I'll be on VacationNever take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway