Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Small pleasures

Today’s return to work was as expected – frantic – but at least we had rain instead of the snow the northern end of the province received. Today someone had posted the link below and I loved the mask – think I’ll try it for tomorrow:

http://www.happyworker.com/

Just look under random fun there on the left and click on the picture. I also enjoyed the shirking work and living longer article. Gotta have your small pleasures.

When I checked the voice mail messages at home today there was a message from a local furniture store saying that the bar stools, which we’d, ordered before Christmas were in. Now if I was married to someone with a great memory I’d say to myself ‘he was trying to surprise me’ but today I just put it down to ‘he ordered them and forgot to tell me’. However the man of the hour states he was trying to surprise me and actually ordered them early in November, which for Mr. Procrastinator is the equivalent of a year early for the holidays. This in addition to the new mattress he picked up before Christmas at the other local furniture store as I mentioned we needed a new one and they were moving so had great sales. He thought I wouldn’t notice so exchanged it and made the bed up again but… the fact that it was about 12 inches higher gave it away. That and the fact that it’s like one of those heavenly beds you pay big bucks for at a swank hotel.

Tonight Gary watched with interest as his masseuse got a haircut with the new Christmas gift clippers – am guessing the cat wouldn’t find a trim as much fun as the massage. Well actually the impatient customer couldn’t wait and had to demonstrate how it’s done. One of the more relaxed felines we’ve ever had – Gary getting a massage – he thought this was great and was disappointed when it stopped.