Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Do you ever wonder?

Do you ever wonder what cat's must (or must not) think? When looking for Gary's collar (he manages to get it off occasionally and 'lose' it around the house) I searched in the wooden box on top of the cabinets in the utility room and found... a purple colored-pencil. So I wonder... what was he thinking when he took it up there? was he hiding it from Stanley? was he saving it to color a picture? how did he get it up there (his teeth I suppose)? does he not like the color of the walls? I had visions of him working on a mural while I'm sleeping. Actually today there was not too much whining ... at least I was the cause of it - not personally participating :) It was, as usual,a full day but at least not as frustrating as many lately. The roads were a challenge, the phone store salesperson didn't make it in because she lives in the non-plowed boonies so no phone exchange but... the computer continues to behave itself so I got some course work done and I even got over to the Manor to advise Mom that she was a great grandmother again as my niece Beth had a baby girl named Leah on the 19th. As my 'summer neighbour' advised when reviewing the blog that I should remember that prospective employers are now googling applicants so to be careful of disclosure. I assured her as a nurse who's written on patient records for 33 years I'm pretty careful about what I put on paper (or the screen) as I try to envision myself reading out the line in court as the prosecutor points to it ( a tip from a first year nursing instructor) to see if I should phrase the info that way. But for interest's sake I googled myself (sounds kind of disturbing doesn't it?) and found myself on zoominfo with outdated contact info, some articles I'd had published on tourism in Cuba, nursing in Cuba, a copy of my OHNANS newslettter, the local hospital directory with my job described and a bad photo of me at my desk, a request to a nurse listserv from 12 years ago. So all in all, pretty tame stuff, but it proves I do exist in cyberspace. Mind you that doesn't have much to recommend it when you think of what lurks in the ether eh? Just finished with a course teleconference so must go catch some z z z. Tomorrow is hump day - so there is hope that the week is half over.