Tuesday, February 6, 2007

How I'm planning my escape

Since this is my first posting, I'll explain what I'm writing about. Every day I do one thing that will work towards my escape from the 8 - 4 routine. Since I'm at least five years away from release of the offspring tuition induced plan (with the final installment for child # 4) this is a long term goal. Retirement with a pension? That's for someone who worked their whole career with one employer and a pension plan - me? I've had 15 employers in the past 30 yrs, most in the last half of my career, so I have to develop my own plan. This means perhaps I'm mentally organizing (while walking the dog) my presentation for cruise ships where I'll be able to travel for free with a guest. Maybe I'm thinking about studying Spanish (because it's really too much work to actually make myself conjugate the verbs) so I can work somewhere warm. Did I mention I had a job offer from the Cayman Islands? Not a bad semi retirement dream eh? Or maybe I'm studying tropical medicine so perhaps a humanitarian organization will pick me up for an overseas mission. I could be drafting a travel piece or investigating travel writing to assist with expenses when on the move. Whatever it is, it's just one more step to my freedom 55, if I don't do it, I'll get.....old