Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I could do that ... if I wanted to

Well hello again. It's the end of a very long day and I'm just checking in after my 'flying trip' to Halifax for the writing workshop. Since I'm not a morning person (when I have blue hair I am NOT getting up before daylight) The man drove on the way down and all predicted snow did not appear. Had a wonderful day at the 'making a living out of writing' workshop, including an excellent lunch, while Tim did some errands and visited with the first born, then he and I stopped for Greek food for supper - first time we'd been 'out to eat' since my big birthday end of September - will have to get a life (well we have one - get a new one I guess). The thought of playing hooky from responsibilities and staying over occured to us, but then we decided we had to be grownups. Sigh.

The workshop was really good, had all kinds of practical advice which will assist me in future plans. Always good to get fired up by attending one of these events, gives you courage to pound away at the keyboard. It was great to get away to an event that was completely unrelated to healthcare in any way. Many of the decidedly eccentric participants were on the track of writing the great Canadian novel and did not appear to be used to getting out much with other humans. Have decided I'd rather keep some of my social skills and work on the writing part :) I have made a commitment to put more effort into a regular writing schedule and start getting some articles published, no good just to continue to be a writing groupie, that's not getting me where I want to be. I could certainly be getting published regularly.... if I wanted to.

Off to get settled in as it's back to the real world (whatever that brings) in the morning.